Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rejoice!

The definition of rejoice is to be happy or to make someone else happy. Happy seems so shallow to me at times and it changes like the weather in Denver. I believe happiness is based on what while joy is based on whom. The Bible says, “Rejoice” not re-happy! I am happy when the what is in my favor and what makes me happy is performing well. I am happy but I do not have joy! Joy is a result of “who” God is in my life while happy is a result in the “what” to my life. As a Christian man I am to rejoice in the Lord not to re-happy in the Lord. Joy is the person in my life while happy is the performance of my life. My joy may bring me happiness but my happiness will never bring me joy. Nothing can bring me the joy of the Lord but the Lord of my joy. I am a man of consistency when I rejoice in the Lord not seek a temporary happiness through life’s performances. I can praise God as a result of joy not happy. Today I choose to rejoice not just to be happy! Happy is the desert!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment