Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rejections!

Last night my wife and I went out to dinner in downtown Sacramento. After dinner we decided to go look for the perfect desert and came upon a place that made chocolate crepes…oh ya!  When I got out of the car I saw a homeless person asleep on the cold concrete with nothing more than a thin jacket to cover the person’s legs. It was one of those moments that we all have when it comes to the homeless, do I do something or not? I decided to keep walking (stop judging me) but I couldn’t get the person out of my mind. After desert (awesome) we made our way back to the car. The person was still lying there so I decided to give them a small blanket I had in my car. As I walked to give the blanket the person woke up and to my amazement it was a young woman. I asked her if I could give here the blanket and she said she was fine! But she wasn’t fine she was cold and homeless. Her pride or mental state would not allow her to receive the perfect gift on a cold winter’s night. I had what she needed but she had what she didn’t need… a cold heart or messed up mind on a cold night. I guess I know how Jesus feels when it comes to giving to me at times!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment