Monday, February 1, 2010

To whom much is given!

I never thought in a million years that I would serve as a pastor again. However what man says no to God says yes to! I can think of so many others that would do a much better job than I. Yet in God’s since of humor He chooses me to lead the cave during this season of my life. Leadership is more than an appointment it is a calling and the responsibility can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. My actions must speak louder than my words and awareness of others becomes more valuable than accomplishments of self. Full time ministry is not a paycheck but a life check as you must be willing to live above reproach. Is this not the call of every Christian man? The cave in just two days!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Z. I'm scared to death of the responsibility of being accountable to God for my role as a leader and role model. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that being in the trenches has sharpened me as a man. The Cave has been good for me. Being around other men who know the trenches has raised my game. I'm thankful God has a sense of humor. He doesn't choose the qualified, He qualifies the chosen!

    ReplyDelete