Thursday, February 18, 2010

Out of reach!

I remember as a child always wanting something that was just out of my reach. In fact if I was truly honest that is how I have lived most of my life reaching for what others say is impossible but to me it makes perfect since. The passion that God has put within the heart of every man must always be just out of mans reach for if it was within his reach he simply wouldn’t need God. As a child if I couldn’t reach my desire I would find something bigger that would extend my reach. As a man that something extra is God! Boring is making your life and everything in it totally reachable by your ability. But you were created to dream God size dreams and then allow God to become the true extension of your life to make them your reality. Many a man believes in God but few put God to the test by trusting in Him. I am not talking about being stupid or foolish with our lives but I am talking about defining, discovering and deploying the passion that is in your heart but seems just beyond your reach. Passion is within Gods reach!

 

1 comment:

  1. I could make a joke about your lack of height and the reach thing, but that would be too easy. Good word, Z. We have an instinctive desire to be part of something bigger than we are. Too often, we clog up our lives with things which make us smaller than God intended for us.

    Thanks for the reminder to dream the God sized dreams!

    ReplyDelete