Friday, April 16, 2010

Good fear!

We hear a lot about bad fear but what about the good fear? You know the fear you learn when you are a little kid when you accidently touch a hot stove or when I was a kid when I disrespected mama in front of dad? I learned the fear of the back of my dad’s hand.  I know that perfect love cast out all fear however I wonder what that really means. Isn’t God to be feared; in fact doesn’t fear make us do the right thing at times like slow down when we see a cop? That isn’t all bad! I know I have a healthy fear of my wife and the fear of dying helps me not be an idiot. I think that we do not have enough fear sometimes because we live our lives without the since of desperation or motivation to live life at a whole level. Fear is a wonderful motivator for to face fear or to overcome it we must take risk and live out of our comfort zone. The Bible says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom so the opposite must true as well, the beginning of stupid is no fear of the Lord! It is true that perfect love cast out all the bad fear but I know it leaves all the good fear as well. Don’t be stupid be afraid!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment