Monday, April 12, 2010

Rain!

It seems like the rain in Sacramento will never stop! Even as I write this blog I can hear the wind blowing and the rain hitting the windows. It feels more Seattle, WA than Sacramento, CA. and it is the middle of April. I know the old rhyme April showers will bring May flowers but I am tire of the rain, I am tired of the cold and I am tired of seldom seeing the sunshine! However I do have to admit that my yard has never looked greener the air has never been cleaner and the house has never been cozier. Rain is like my life… with every new storm comes with it the good and the bad lessons learned and character developed. I get really tired of the storms of life but without them there would be no growth no freshness and no appreciation of the sunny days. Rain has a way of washing the earth with one great shower and there is nothing like the feeling of taking in the fragrance right after a rain storm. The feeling is much the same after a good cry or seeing God come through one more time.  We all need the rain storms in our lives and yet we all get tired of the long seasons of those storms.  I just looked at the forecast and they are predicting sunshine for the next couple of days. I believe that is Gods prediction for my life as well. I can handle the rain storm if I know there are sunny days ahead! Enjoy the rain for the Son is coming!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment