Friday, April 2, 2010

Burnout!

So Martha invites Jesus to dinner and then gets so busy preparing dinner that she forgets that Jesus is even in her house. This is the craziness of getting so busy doing things for Jesus (ministry) that we forget the real purpose of why we are doing what we are doing. I have noticed men burnout on doing stuff for Jesus because they forgot to do them in Jesus. We will go to the mission field for Jesus but seldom read the Bible in Jesus. We will work around the church for Jesus but seldom attend church with our families in Jesus. Jesus doesn’t need us to do anything for Him because He is capable of doing things for Himself. He doesn’t need our help doing stuff for Him which can be done without even knowing Him. However He does want us to do things in Him which means my priority is to know Him and then to serve Him. I don’t work in His house without setting at His feet listening to His word. I don’t get so busy doing things for Him that I forget to listen to Him! Jesus said many will say look what I did for you and He will say…but I never knew you. I have never burnout on knowing Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment