Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tithing!

There are a few things in life that just doesn’t make a whole lot of since like giving money that you just don’t have. We are trying to teach our 17 year old daughter about tithing and that you always give God the first fruits of your pay check (gross) not the net. We told her that the tithe comes from your need and that your offering comes from your abundance. The Last Sunday the Lord convicted me to give beyond my tithe and to trust Him so I did. When I went to pay my bills well let’s just say I was a bit short. I had to set aside a large amount of money for an unexpected tax bill which set me way back financially. Later that day my wife walked into my office and told me that there was a mistake on the taxes and we could keep the money we had set aside. That tax money was 100 fold of my tithe! BTW fifty dollars literally blew in front us on the sideway that evening apparently that was Gods tip! My daughter just wrote her first tithe check.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment