Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moments!

As I approach the wonderful age of sixty the questions I ask myself are very different than even a few years ago. I am not concerning with what I have or don’t have but my concerns are more about who I have or don’t have. The question I ask daily and even sometimes hourly is, “what moments are being created that will be worth taking about after I am gone”? Gone is a heck of a closer now than when I was a punk 30 year old! When I look at my family as the days rush by I wonder if I am spending the kind of time with them that truly matters. I find very little satisfaction in the things I do anymore as I consider what I am becoming rather than what I am accomplishing. The ministry like all jealous lovers desires much more than one should ever give and to maintain balance (whatever that is) becomes what’s most desired of me. Moments are the one thing I consider as I make my next choice. What will my family remember but more importantly what will my God remember in the moments I have created? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment