Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fathers!

I think within the walls of the church fathers hear more about what they need to do rather than simply being praised for what they are already doing. Don’t get me wrong there is always room for improvement however dads need to know the things they are doing right. I know most guys find their identity and significance in doing (task) not being (relationships) but I think we need to remind dads just how great they and capitalize on those wonderful attributes. Our sons and daughters need to hear others speak well of their dads not remind them how much more they need to do but not how much more they need to be. Show me first by your example what father is and then you will have the right to tell what a father does. I just want to say to all of us who have failed on many occasions to be the perfect father to our children, “well done for the right things you have accomplished”!  I do what’s right when reminded of the things I have done right!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment