Saturday, June 26, 2010

The call!

The call! What does it mean to have passion for anything? I mean I hear all the time that we as Christian men are to have passion for the Lord, for worship, for serving in the church and of course for our families. Sometimes I wonder why few are asking what we have passion for? What is the thing or should I say calling that we feel called to? What is the one thing that God put in our hearts not man? I have spent a lot of time asking men around the country what are they passion about and when the question is asked I get this deer in headlights response! Isn’t the call of God placed at a higher level of responsibility than the call of man? Doesn’t the voice of the Father need to be heard over the voice of man? No wonder guys are so used up rather than built up! We obey man more than we obey the Father who promised His burden is light. But when one doesn’t know their call they will spend their life knowing the cover-up! Too many men live in quiet desperation.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment